Selenium Training Course
The Selenium course allows you to discover the fundamentals of the Selenium project as well as advanced concepts and techniques.
You will first learn the fundamental concepts of Selenium, the toolchain, its capabilities and limitations and then you'll learn on the best-practices, tools and techniques defined by the community allowing you to build and exploit a robust Selenium infrastructure.
After this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand all about the Selenium fundamentals
- Test applications with Selenium IDE
- Leverage these tests with Selenium RC
- Understand what is Selenium Grid
- Design efficient and robust tests for both classic and Ajax applications
- Use the 3rd party tools that helps during the test development process
- Know how to ease the integration of Selenium into your existing test infrastructure
- Prepare yourself to the future of web testing with Selenium 2.0
This course is intended to people having an interest in web-testing, whether they be QA people or developers in charge of testing their own applications.
We provide Selenium-ready workstations to students attending our public (open-enrollment) classes, though many still wish to use their own laptops. Whatever the case may be, if you wish to use your own computer to attend this training, please take a look at our detailed setup instructions.
The Selenium Project
- Selenium And The Web Testing Frameworks
- Export Features
- Lab 1
Test-Cases and Test-Suites
- Test Suites
- Structure-Depedent Or Not?
Selenium Remote Control
- Selenium Server
- Client Libraries
- Lab 3 : Selenium RC Installation
- Lab 4 : Improving a test
Selenium Grid Overview
- What Kind Of Tests?
- How Should You Test Your Apps
- Best Practices And Patterns
Selenium In Your Company
- Continuous Integration
- New Features
Additional Notes [top]
While this course covers Selenium RC with both Ruby and Java, it is generally taught with a focus on Ruby with rspec. Previous knowledge of Ruby/rspec is not required.
We provide computers for our trainees but if you choose to bring your own, you should have installed on your system:
Student Testimonials [top]
Students' questions were answered and other details during breaks were shared to the class right after the break. The instructor is knowledgeable in various tools (Ruby, etc.) covered in class.